Wednesday 10 April 2013

It stalled, but I'm back in the saddle.

I managed  just over 6 weeks and almost 4 of those on the new "road" bike, the Saracen Hack 2 which made a big difference to my average & maximum speeds ( not so sure it had a huge impact on my slower sections). Then the whole training regime stalled, it just fell flat as I got bogged down in work stuff again. However, I've turned a corner, got on top of things again (shame the weather hasn't still very wintery in North Wales for April), but in the space of a week I've managed  70 miles and held up a reasonable average on the mph considering my 6 week lay-off.

With my aim being to raise £1,000 each for McMillan, Cancer Research UK, and the Alaw Ward at Ysbyty Gwynedd. With the route being 300 miles, if I can get 1,000 people to sponsor me just a penny per mile then I can hit my goal.

Watch this space for more updates & to track my progress.

Thanks for looking,
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment